We are often asked by people that they would like to improve the appearance of their teeth.
Sometimes they are not sure on what options are out there.
A problem that some people face is having gaps between their teeth. This can be from having small teeth, congenitally absent teeth, or loss of teeth due to decay or trauma.
What treatment options are there for crooked or gapped teeth?
- Orthodontics to close spaces. This is a popular option as we do not have to do any preparation to your teeth. We can close the spaces with clear or invisible braces. This is normally done in the teenage years but adult orthodontics is becoming more and more popular as patients realise they can have the straight teeth that they have always wanted with clear braces.
- Veneers. This involves placing a porcelain/ceramic ‘veneer’ over the front of teeth and can close small gaps between teeth and improve your smile at the same time. Very popular with film and tv stars.
- Composite. This is a white filling material that can be used to build up teeth to close small gaps between individual teeth.
- Crowns. These can be used in more severe cases of spaced teeth or people with small teeth looking to improve the size of their teeth.
- Doing nothing is always an option – some people find a midline diastema an attractive feature.
Another common treatment is tooth whitening to brighten your smile.
Whatever your cosmetic worry please phone to book in with one of our experienced dentist for a consultation to discuss your options.
Contact us today for more about cosmetic dentistry options in London and the South East.